Friday, August 6, 2010

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Johnson's Bridge near Johnson's Crossing, Yukon Territory
Jesse called me from Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Trying to get to Johnson's Crossing to camp for the night. Really rough roads between the Alaskan Border & Whitehorse. No wildlife sightings. Only multiple signs "Caribou Crossing".. "Moose Crossing"... "Wild Horse Crossing"...you get the picture. Cool today, but good weather. Not much traffic.  He met a Father & Son, who had traveled from San Francisco on motorcycles--a 1970 something BSA and a 1938 Indian!  (OK, I'm sure I didn't get that quite correct, but I think I'm close)  One of them had Antlers tied to the back of the bike--headed home to California!  We will have pictures to post when Jess gets home....along with more stories, I'm certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment